Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
Root Cause Analysis (RCA) of Electrical System Defects
The main goal of this thesis project is to, based on analysis of field quality problems (and defects found in top-level integration testing), identify areas of improvement in both development and testing of embedded systems.
The target of the thesis is to provide an answer to the question: “what could have been done differently in order to stop the defect from reaching the field/final levels of integration”.
The work will be performed in a number of steps:
• Step 1: Selection and extraction of raw defect data from the defect tracking systems. Mainly, defect data from the integration test and field defect tracking systems will be considered.
• Step 2: Categorization of data and initial analysis. With the overall goal of the thesis in mind, find suitable defect categorizations and use these to group and categorize the defects.
• Step 3: Additional (complementary) data collection. Based on the outcome of step 2, identify missing/required additional data, and collect these by suitable means (interviews, surveys, documentation, etc.).
• Step 4: Analysis and presentation of findings. Identify commonalities between defects and present them in such a way that they could be used as input for development or test process improvement.
• Step 5: Methodological retrospective and future work. Based on the experiences in steps 1-4, as well as the outcome of the analysis, document lessons learned and experiences in such a way that future RCAs would be easier and even more rewarding. Also, this step should include a brief look into established methods for performing RCA.
Education: MSc. in Computer Science or similar
Number of students: 1 or 2
Start date: Q4 2010 or Q1 2011
Estimated time needed: 20 weeks
Contact persons and supervisors:
Daniel Sundmark, guest researcher, 073-687 18 07, email@example.com
Maisam Tehrani, ECU System Test, 08-553 513 41, firstname.lastname@example.org
Label the application “PU10-90”, should be sent to email@example.com
Enclose CV, personal letter and school-leaving certificate.
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.