Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
A venturi scrubber is designed to effectively use the energy from the inlet gas stream to atomize injected liquid being used to scrub the gas stream. The formed droplets will attach to dust and soot particles in the raw gas stream and condensate with the particles in the liquid phase that then is easily removed. The result will be a raw gas stream essentially clean of particles and soot.
Venturi scrubbers are commonly only designed for low pressure gases. Several technical problems will arise when the gas inlet pressure is increased. The main question to be answered in the new study is whether it is possible to design a Venturi scrubber for higher operating pressures.
The candidate should have a background in chemical, mechanical or fluids engineering. The work is based in Frankfurt am Main, participation in experimental campaigns and visits to subcontractors might be required.
Thesis work steps:
1. Literature and state of the art review
2. Identification of possible designs
3. Establish scaling laws and design criteria for high pressure regimes
4. Proposal of design rules of different designs and operational parameters
5. Study of eventual implementation in a semi-industrial test platform
6. Reporting and conclusions
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.