Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
Thesis project: Ocean Flow Modeling: Routing Optimization IKEA Transport Global, Helsingborg
As one of the biggest Direct Shippers for containerized ocean transportation in the world, IKEA is continuously looking to optimize its flow across the globe.
Calculations and modelling are currently done in an in-house developed tool based on Microsoft Access / Excel and Visual Basics for Applications. Using existing tools as a base, we are looking to stabilize and extend our data-analysis methodologies, creating new functionality and a reliable user-interface.
The objection of Ocean Flow Modeling is to:
• Get a good view of historic transports inside IKEA;
• See how actual movements compare to forecasting;
• Create a port-to-port and an ocean carrier forecast based on information from sender and receiver;
• Stabilize and further develop existing tools in Microsoft Access / Excel / VBA, securing functionality for IKEA’s purchasing process;
• Improve accessibility of the current system, making it more user-friendly and understandable for its users, capturing the various workflows.
We are looking for two people that – during a period of about 20 weeks – get familiar with existing tools, data structures and information needs and take available information to ultimately help IKEA work towards optimized routings. You are going to model the relevant data to accommodate the transport organization’s information need, use existing tools to develop and structure reliable ocean transportation data and make it available for users. You will deliver a tool to assist purchasing and analysis processes.
It is important that you have knowledge in logistics / optimization techniques and database structures. Experience in using Microsoft Access/ Visual Basic and general programming is needed for the project and a commercial business attitude is a pré. Excellent English skills are a requirement.
Application deadline: 2010-06-27
If you have any questions regarding the thesis assignment, please contact Warner Veltman +46-732 321 934. For questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact our HR Service Centre at +46-476-58 75 00.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.