Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
Driving history facilitate better understanding of driver behavior in relation to in-vehicle active safety systems
You are to work with data previously collected from Field Operational Tests (Studies performed to better understand driver behavior and effect of active safety systems on safety through data collection (and analysis) in people's normal cars in their everyday driving). This includes information from the vehicle CAN-bus (steering angle, brake pedal etc) as well as other sensors (GPS...). By identifying relevant methods for studying the invariance of parameters for drives by the same driver on the same stretch of road and apply this to the data, this may facilitate better understanding of driver behavior and help in the development of active safety systems.
Studies of driver behavior using data from naturalistic filed operational tests with passenger vehicles have shown that most drivers drive primarily on roads they have driven on before. By using information in both time and space from previous drives it is believed that one can improve the understanding of driver behavior. Also, by in the future compare external sensing systems with models based on driver history (time and space), it may be possible to further enhance active safety systems functionality (predicting critical situations).
• Literature study with focus on use of history data in time and space for modeling and understanding driver behavior and what parameters may show in variance over time.
• Extracting descriptive statistics from existing naturalistic databases (available at Chalmers and Volvo) on how the drivers in the current studies drive
• Extract a few locations and/or scenarios where several drivers have driven several times and do a qualitative study of the data, testing different parameters and evaluate invariance of these in the chosen scenarios/locations.
• Identify methods from the literature review relevant for applying to the data manually/semi-automatically reviewed and implement one or several of these, or potentially new ideas. The results are then evaluated in view of the manual review and statistics.
• Write an academic thesis report
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.