Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
Thesis work - Global Purchasing Volvo Logistics
The Global Purchasing function is responsible for purchasing of transport, logistics services and packaging material. Using the combined volumes of our customers we can offer premium transport and logistics solutions at an optimal cost. Global Purchasing is also supporting our three Global Business organizations by being divided into Inbound, Outbound and Emballage.
When selecting our suppliers we focus on the following factors:
• Service & performance
• Total logistic cost
• Technical and logistical innovation
• Environmental care
• Quality & Safety
Corporate social responsibility
VLC and global Purchasing are working with supplier development with the logistics suppliers in order to reach supply chain leadership and satisfied customers. The requirement we put on the suppliers are;
• Core value requirements:
o Quality and environmental certification demands (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, Smartway)
o CO2 targets and motor classes
o CSR compliance
o Safety (i.e. seat belts, alcohol/drug use, contingency plan)
o Chemical and metal use (i.e. black/grey list)
• Operational requirements:
o Lead time
Measurements and performance results from existing suppliers exists in VLC today but there is a need for creating one unified compilation of the result
Description of thesis work:
The purpose of the thesis is to create a common digital Supplier dashboard that contains status and targets for the requirements above. The dashboard should compile existing information and also present a development per supplier over time.
1. The thesis should investigate the different supplier performance data/statistics that exists in VLC today in the different functions Purchasing, GBO, Risk Management and Core Values. .
2. Develop a digital Supplier dashboard including the targets and result for the different requirements and per supplier.
3. Develop a method for how the data can automatically be transferred from existing databases into this KPI dashboard.
4. Develop a method and instructions for Volvo Logistics on how to follow and work with the dashboard
5. Thesis report in English
Thesis Level: Master and/or Bachelor
Number of students:
For further information, please contact:
Tutor: Daniela Jidhage, phone: +46 31 322 1914
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.