Detta är ett uppsatsförslag hämtat från Nationella Exjobb-poolen. Klicka här för att komma tillbaka till samtliga exjobbsförslag.
SiC semiconductors in switched mode power supply
Electronic Defence Systems, a business area of Saab, is one of the world’s premier suppliers of solutions for surveillance, avionics and systems to detect, locate and protect against threat.
Your future challenge
Electrical power supply is in most cases a limited resource. Cooling for removing heat from electrical equipment is another resource that adds limitations. This is becoming more and more evident for upcoming airborne systems. Physical size and weight are of course also critical quantities for airborne systems.
An increasing focus on higher performance as well as reduction of size and weight is expected for future airborne radar systems.
Power supply systems and power converters, being an essential part of the radar, are therefore required to be developed towards smaller physical size and lower power loss.
The alternative semiconductor material, SiC (Silicon Carbide), is believed to have potentially advantageous properties - compared to the silicon devices used today - that could support such development
• Lower stored charge
• Offers higher switching speed
• On resistance having lower temperature drift
• Higher voltage rating
• Higher operational junction temperature
The purpose with this thesis work should be to investigate possible advantages from using SiC power semiconductors as replacement for Si.
• Technical development and trends in the area of semiconductors in particular SiC power semiconductors
• Find state of the art components available
• Perform comparative evaluation of a soft switching full bridge converter (existing design) equipped with SiC power semiconductors
• Propose potential (future) use for SiC. Present analyze of impact on converter complexity, physical size, power efficiency and cost.
The thesis work is proposed for 1-2 person/s and is rated to 30 hp.
Saab serves the global market with world-leading products, services and solutions ranging from military defence to civil security. Saab has operations and employees on all continents and constantly develops, adopts and improves new technology to meet customers’ changing needs. Saab has about 13,000 employees. Annual sales are EUR 2,5 billion. Research and development corresponds to about 20 percent of annual sales.
Stefan Linders, recruiting manager
tel: +46 31 794 90 17
tel: +46 31 794 9677
Informationen om uppsatsförslag är hämtad från Nationella Exjobb-poolen.